Thursday 2 December 2010

Yes I'm mad

I keep thinking of more knits to do before Christmas!

But now I am resigned that I can only finish two more:
MIL's felted Kindle holder
Hubbie's jumper (torso done, sleeves in progress)

When we went to Grandad's 90th Dad mentioned how he'd like a hat to go with his cowl and gloves, well, how could I refuse someone who loves my knitting so much? I got some cream and navy King Cole Merino Blend Aran and got to work finding charts I liked......

Photobucket

So that's now listed in the huge directory that is Patterns on Ravelry.

I also finished and blocked and posted the Zauberball Lace shawl:
Photobucket

Dodo was very pleased with it and it only took half a ball. So, should I want to, I can knit myself one.


I've also started the Lace Advent Shawl:
http://www.unikatissima.de/e/?page_id=4523

After a miscalculation on my part I've cast on and done some garter st to start. I'm adding my own border as I go because I don't like the look of the original. I'm also doing it in Texere's gorgeous Lambswool 2-ply that I dyed with green and yellow at the dyeing event with Freyalyn last year. I think I should have enough, if not, I'll improvise.

December already! Eep.

No comments: