Sunday 28 November 2010

Aquarline Heaters

For those of you with tropical fish, or who may one day get some, DO NOT GET THESE HEATERS!

I've had 2 in 3 months. The first one wasn't sealed properly and water slowly seeped in down the power cable.

The second one was worse:
The guarantee on these heaters doesn't cover the glass outer. I did my usual water change, sat back down and heard a 'chunk' noise then hissing as of air under pressure, coming from the tank. Immediately unplugged the heater. Went to remove the heater and only came away with half a heater! The glass had fractured and neatly split half way down. If I'd not been here my fish may well all have been electrocuted by now. Including my 11" long pleco!

So, don't get this brand of heater, it may be cheap but that's why. They're not properly sealed and the glass is weak. Spend a little extra and get peace of mind instead.

Resun are excellent, the one that came with my 2 foot tank has stood the test of time and can definitely be submerged.

No comments: