Friday 5 March 2010

Well, that was embarassing

This week I was asked to attend the school assembly on Friday to be "officially thanked" before my final day on Monday.

So I did, I was invited to the front and given a gorgeous bouquet of flowers, including pink roses. I felt my cheeks go bright red as the whole school, staff and kids, and the year 1 parents clapped. *blush*

I also got two thank you cards this morning, one hand written by a girl in reception and one from a Mum/Daughter pair with some hand made earrings made by the Mum. I know what I'll be wearing on Monday!

One girl has checked that I *WILL* be in on Monday because she wants to go buy me some wool this weekend as a thank you.

Embarassing but lovely. I shall miss the majority but I won't miss the verbal smacks, the nasty looks and the yucky weather.

Going to relax today, go to my afternoon shift and then come home and unwind for the weekend.

Hubbie is up in Kinlochbervie (the other side of nowhere but ever so beautiful) having a look round the school and an interview, he reckons he'll be done by 11.30 then he and the friend who has driven him up are going to meander down the West coast and be back Saturday lunchtime-ish. So tonight I will expect a phone call from the hubs, he'll either be ecstatic or miserable, I'm hoping for the former but prepared for the latter. This is his dream school and my dream location so we shall see.

No comments: