Friday 5 March 2010

Been a naughty girlie

Well, sort of.

I spent about £50 on needles and a pattern holder from http://www.p2tog.com I got a couple of interchangeable tunisian hooks, some circ needles and a variety of cables, ends in Symphonie wood and cables from KnitPro. The pattern holder is A4 sized, landscape layout and has three magnets, two small ones for holding the pattern on the holder and a long one to underline the current row.

I've needed a better way of following patterns for months now, so far I've just been crossing off as I go but the wider the chart the more likely I am to misread and go up or down a line so as I forsee lots of knitting time I got an appropriate solution.

Today I purchased some books on Amazon. I was only looking for Domino Knitting by Vivian Hoxbro but somehow Modular Knits by Pat Ashforth and Steve Plummer and Shadow Knitting by Vivian Hoxbro ended up in my basket. All three was about £26 and free postage. They'll be posted on Monday hopefully and I may even have them by the end of the week.

I love knitting afghans! So long as it's not a plain thing I just love them.

Right now I'm making a pair of baby afghans. I'm just doing plain mitred squares but on my new Symphonies they just whizz along! Great TV knitting.

I got another bouquet this afternoon, a group of Years 4&5 children persuaded a local Mum to get a bouquet for them to present to me, it was really sweet, about 6 of them stood at the side of the road, waited for me to cross people and then they parted to show the bouquet.

I had to laugh, my Mum got me a gorgeous glass vase when I was 21, engraved and everything, that was in 2004, I didn't use it before today and now it has TWO bouquets in!

Photos will be coming but hubs has the camera up in Scotland. He and 3 others turned up for the interview in Kinlochbervie, 3pm they were all told the school would be readvertising but they wouldn't be discounting any of today's applicants. Weird. Anyhoo, he has another on Westray on the 15th so ya never know.

He's been applying for a year now, I dearly hope he gets one or t'other, he can't take another year here and there aren't that many jobs around I can do to substitute a lower income if he went part time.

Anyhoo, Mortal Kombat 2 is on and then I'm going to 4OD "One born every minute" or watch the late night Film4 movie, whichever appeals.

Tomorrow I'm going to collect a letter then take the dog from Tod to Hebden along the canal, should wear her out for a couple of days and then I'll be free to take her on long walks whenever we want :)

No comments: