Thursday 11 February 2010

Bugger them

I've been getting more and more fed up with the parents at my school. Don't get me wrong, there are some really nice ones, but it's the horrid ones that make it horrid.

What I do is a thankless job. Yes, people say thank you but even more don't say anything.

This morning though I had enough. I was holding up a load of kids and parents because one was trying to park right at the edge of the zig zags and so was driving in my crossing. One of the children asked why we weren't crossing, I said because I was "watching this parent park on the zig zags" Turns out one of the ones waiting told her this but snazzed it a bit by implying I said something along the lines of "oooh, look at this idiot". Nope, not my way of talking. So the parent comes back and gives me what for, saying she "doesn't appreciate me mouthing off infront of other parents" and "I've never done it before"

Well, actually that car has done it before, I remember the number plate.

Anyway, she tipped me over the edge and so I say, with the utmost respect, fuck the buggers sideways!

To all those snooty, bitchy, aggressive, more-money-than-sense idiots I say: well done. You've gotten rid of another lollipop lady.

I'm glad I can leave the job in 3 weeks and that one of those is half term. I shan't miss the obnoxious bastards one bit.

I SHALL miss the polite, lovely ones who smile and chat and treat me like a human being and I shall miss the lovely staff.

Once my boss has confirmed receipt of my resignation I shall tell the acting head, I shall enquire if I may continue my afternoons at the school but will accept with grace if she deems that unwise.

I shall also be recommending to my supervisor he look for a thick-skinned individual to take over. Either that or one who's so bloody minded they will only do the job and nothing else. I'd love to suggest an ex-army sargeant, someone who can whip these parents into respectful human beings but I think that would be asking them to perform a miracle with some.

I've improved the traffic flow at my crossing, the obnoxious gits don't care, mainly because it's them I've asked to move.

Yes, I've wanted to slap the bastards to next year but I've resisted. I've stayed silent when I've wanted to cuss like a sailor. I've been polite when a slap round the head would work better. I've crossed when I was off duty and not been thanked.

So, yes. For the next 3 shifts and then 2 weeks after the half term I shan't politely tell people to move, I shan't inform them that if a Police officer caught them they could be fined, I shan't try to engage conversations and I shan't do anything more than cross people. I may even just do it silently, after all that's how most of them cross. I may even look the other way like they do.

2 comments:

Fred said...

I can so relate to what you are saying. Good manners seems to have disappeared before my employer’s company was founded with some of the manners exhibited here!

Remember deep breaths as you’ll soon be at Freedom City :)

Fluzz said...

Good manners are going the way of the dodo. It's all "me me me"

I admit, I get that way but atleast I have the sense to apologise and use manners when dealing with another person.

Yep, just a few more weeks. 25 more shifts.