Wednesday 10 February 2010

6 weeks and so much to tell

We're already 6 weeks into 2010, wow.

Sooo, what's been going on chez Fluzzlewett?

Well, we have a dog. Pippa the staffy. She's settling well, gotten used to our routine and we're finally establishing I'm boss. She did have a bit of a sheepy mishap about 3 weeks ago so she's not allowed off lead at all until I can be positive she will come to me. She'll leave honking great highland cattle alone, but a sheep that's only twice her size is apparently just toooo tempting. I even finished a jumper for her today which she wore with a little bribery.

I sent in my resignation this week, basically there's so much going on and so much uncertainty in the future that I am feeling rather stressed so hubs and I sat down and talked it through, we can survive on his wages with a few adjustments and so I've posted my letter. Once it's confirmed by my employer that'll be a big load off my shoulders.

I've managed to lose two stone since November 2009 and have been allowed to come off the medication for the ICH, although I may need to go on a support dose for a little while yet.

Hubbie is still applying for jobs in Scotland, we're waiting to hear from one in Kinlochbervie (edge of nowhere but lovely none the less) and one on Shetland.

We had looooooads of snow in January, it actually closed my school for two days (a first in 15 years apparently), infact Pippa was so used to toileting in the snowy back yard that she refused to go for most of a day when it all thawed because the back yard was wrong in her book.

So, yes. I thought I had more to type about but my mind has blanked. We're still alive and the pet:human ratio in this house is now 6:1!

No comments: