Sunday 13 June 2010

A nice weekend

I've had a nice relaxing weekend this weekend. It's amazing how relaxing it is to have a fish tank in your living room, especially in the centre of the mantlepiece (fire surround without the fireplace), it becomes the centrepiece to the living room and relaxes. Also, with the blues and creams rug down the living room isn't so brown! When we first moved in it was very brown indeed.

Been to the Bear today for our monthly knit, sat opposite Pete and Carol and had a lovely chat about various topics including popping spots, boils, teaching children, actors and theatres. That's just what I remember, I know more topics were raised but I can't remember what. Oh yes, if the apocalypse happened tomorrow how useful we crafters would be! And how Jo and I consider it the sockalypse should we unknowingly wash 7 pairs of socks in one laundry load. Our laundry is rather sporadic you see, and so there is no predictable content other than clothing or towels.

I decided to take DK oddments and knit innocent hats today, I made all but the green beaded one while chatting away:

Photobucket

I knit these four on Friday:
Photobucket

Came home today and the living room was rather dark so I turned on the room light and also the tank light, this gave me opportunity for a photoshoot with George the plec.
Photobucket

I took a few photos but this is the only one that really shows him well. I balanced the camera on a roll of gaffa tape. Really must get a mini tripod. Maybe if I earn enough Amazon credit through MTurk I can buy one with my vouchers.

Having the fish in the living room has resulted in a few good shots of the doglet too:
Photobucket

Photobucket

She thinks they smell funny and she can see them swimming about but can't fathom how to get to them. It's all very confusing for a small dog.

Saturday I slept in until gone midday and I was much needed. I then picked up the lace baby throw and managed a few more rows before being distracted by tea and watching the Doctor on BBC. I can't believe it's the final episode next week already! I've been visiting the website after each episode as they've now started doing a jigsaw for each episode and I rather enjoy a little jigsaw.

Saturday evening saw Madam relaxing with her pack all in the same room, me knitting away and Jo on the laptop:
Photobucket

She does like it when she knows where we all are and the ferrets aren't making a noise upstairs. Does help that she'd been sunbathing all day and was happily cooked.

I had a mango&passionfruit yoghurt that evening and when I'd finished it she got the pot, unlike the 1kg pots hubs gives her when he's cleared them this one is muzzle sized:
Photobucket

She did this a few times and when I couldn't contain myself anymore and started laughing I got this look:
Photobucket
Yes, she can swear but didn't this time.

Honestly, for an old lady she has quite the vocabulary! Sometimes it's along the lines of "Buggerit" and other times you know it starts with a F. We managed a walk this morning before the heavens started, luckily because she still bluntly refuses to go walkies in the rain.

I think that's it really. Off to browse Rav, Phoenix and then probably knit more little hats. oooh, must order algae wafers for George.....

No comments: