Tuesday 6 October 2009

What have I done today?

Well, I've used the wonderous knowledge of Kim Woodburn to clean our gunky microwave. Jo made Christmas cake this weekend and that involved the grated peel of a lemon, today I cut the lemon in half, stuck it in a bowl of water and zapped it for 4 minutes. This cut through the grease and general ick that was caked to the microwave and then I simply wiped round with kitchen roll and the microwave is now sparkling! Well, on the inside at least, I cleaned the outside 2 months ago and already it has 'stuff' adhered.

I washed up the line of baking trays and tins and some of the pans. The cake tin had adhered to the baking tray we'd put it on because the fat bubbled up and over while the cake was cooking so about 1oz of fat was removed before washing and the tins required personal attention from the washing liquid.

What I didn't wash-up I piled so the kitchen table is as clear as it gets.

I finished one of the pair of Pam's mitts, I love the way the wool has worked up. Photos once I remember to bring the camera back down from the ferret room.

Went to knit'n'knatter this morning, handed over the reindeer parts I'd knit and got to watch Winifred stuffing them and deciding how to put them together, he's going to be a lying down teenage reindeer. I'm also in charge of knitting a 20x5.5 inch rectangle in Yo-Yo yarn, luckily it uses 4.5mm needles so that shouldn't take too long. It will become the underside of the sleigh. I shall definitely get photos of the knitters display come the festival, don't worry.

Nushu had a fun half hour this evening, as Jo is out at his school's open evening I let the boys out in the big room and brought Nushu down to the living room, she hasn't fathomed stairs yet so she had great fun pottering about the living room and kitchen and getting black paws and dust all in her whiskers. I also treated everyfert to an egg, I broke it into a bowl, whisked the bits together and then split off a little bit for Nushi and the rest went to the boys. 5 minutes later there are five happy ferts and two clean bowls.

My right shoulder is killing me, the muscles between shoulderblade and neck are all scrambled. Also, my digestion is informing me I didn't eat particularly balanced food today, noodles for lunch and then noodles and sausages for tea is not a good idea.

I'm waiting up until near 9pm then hubbie or no, I'm going to bed. Until then I shall enjoy my music and watch my little Cafe World on Facebook.

No comments: