Monday 5 October 2009

Monday

I had to laugh this morning, the sun was shining and although it was bitterly cold it was a lovely morning. Yet all the teachers except 2 came in looking like they were headed to a funeral, it was concluded they were all mourning the loss of the weekend. It was funny though, all the kids hyper and happy, all the teachers looking like zombies.

Been to Halifax today, got Jo and I both new month bus passes, got us both a bit of Thornton's choccy and had a look in M&S for shirts. £12.50! I got two shirts for £10 in Tesco's. Got home about 2 hours ago.

A week ago I lost my Eeyore keyring, the caribener I keep my keys on had opened and Eeyore had dropped off somewhere so I popped to the lost property office at Halifax station, alas no Eeyore. I couldn't see him on the roads, in the church or in our property so I must conclude he is lost. I can only hope he was found by a fellow Eeyore lover and is happily attached to someone else's keys or bag.

I now have "suicide pig" on my keys. I have a photo somewhere explaining that but it's not in my photobucket so I shall endeavour to find it. Basically, I had it attached to my Uni bag and after a while it got filthy so I washed it and hung it from our window to dry, hung from the window it looked like he'd killed himself so he was dubbed "suicide pig"

What is it with me and sad keyrings? First was Eeyore, known for his depression, now a suicidal pig.

Ah well, that's me really, I HAVE to have a cuddly thing on my keys.

Sitting in the bathroom earlier I couldn't help but notice the wooden windowsil had taken a bit of punishment since we moved in so I've cleaned it with a damp cloth and once it's dried I shall treat it to some linseed oil to bring the colour back. I already did this to the floorboards infront of my chair where the coffee table had scratched the previous coating off, it's turned a gorgeous colour and isn't as slippy as treating with beeswax. Strangely my feet benefitted too. I still can't convince hubbie that if he left his shoes at the door the floors would look nicer and not get filthy as quick. He just cannot get it in his head that even though he doesn't walk through mud his shoes do get dirty, drives me insane and that is actually my main hubbie-peev.

Anyway, enough procrastinating, I have 15 minutes to start on this application form and I shall.

No comments: